- Yoga is around 5,000 years old & means “union – a joining or a marriage” of mind & body
- All yoga comes from Hatha Yoga and if it doesn’t, it is not yoga!
- Hatha Yoga – Ha “sun” & Tha “moon” – equaling balance
- There are 84 Hatha yoga postures
- Bikram yoga is a sequence of 2 breathing exercises and 26 postures, taken from the original 84 Hatha postures.
- The practice of yoga is to improve concentration – calm body, calm mind – in order to live each day out to our full potential.
- What Yoga isn’t: a diet, deprivation or a religion.